Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rapunzel Herself

 "If you have an impulse to do something, and it's not totally irresponsible, why not do it?  It might just be the journey you've always needed." -Timothy Hutton

 To celebrate the release of one of Disney's best princess films of all time, we held a Tangled celebration.  The party lasted an entire week, and, honestly, I don't remember most of it .
My friend Stephanie made these fantastic decorations.  I'm so lucky she hooked me up!  These were way better than anything I could have bought at the store.  (Thanks, Stephanie )


 We had great food, awesome company, and a special guest of honor- Rapunzel, herself!  I have a really cute friend (Marcie), who has all sorts of great connections to REAL Disney princesses.  And from time to time, those princesses make stops in our neighborhood.  And mom's can even get them to come to their castle -or tower- to visit, or do "princess tuck-ins" (where they'll read to your little one and then tuck them in bed....soooo magical)

Her custom made costume was incredible; the details so ornate.


I cannot even tell you how impressed I was with Rapunzel.  After meeting her, I am convinced that she is the real life version of the princess!  She looked like Rapunzel, talked like her, moved, and posed like her, and didn't miss a beat while visiting with the crowd of girls that attended.  She knew the answer to every question, took time to make every girl feel special, and even brought along a toy Pascal in her brown leather satchel.  It was awesome!








It's obvious how enthralled the girls were with Rapunzel- look at their starstruck expressions.

Even the boys couldn't pass up this opportunity to mingle with Disney royalty. 
  "I do not know who you are, nor how I came to find you, but may I just say...hi, how you doin'?"
We took pictures of each girl with Rapunzel.  Notice how she wraps her braid around London...it was such a 'Tangled' thing to do!


I could go running and racing and dancing and chasing and leaping and bounding hair flying, heart pounding and splashing and reeling and finally feeling now's when my life begins!


You smell that? It's part man-smell, and the other part is really bad man-smell, but overall it just smells like the color brown.  Your thoughts?


 I could get used to a view like this.  Yep, I'm used to it.  Guys, I want a bounce house.




"Go, live your dream."  "I will."  "Your dream stinks.  I was talking to her."

Look in that mirror.  I see a strong, confident, beautiful young lady.  Oh look, you're here too.
All these ladies are gorgeous inside and out! We were a large group, and yet I wanted to invite so many more of our friends.  


 If you live in the Provo/Orem, Salt lake, or Phoenix, Az. areas and are interested in having a princess visit your little ones, just leave me a comment requesting more information. 

  My kids are growing up so fast...way too fast.  Within another year or two, the age of 'magic' will be only a memory. It's such a great thing to get together with people you love, and enjoy the good things in life together.  I'm so glad I did this.

"It's only when we truly know that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up - that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it [were] the only one we had. - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


P.S. While writing this, guess what I found? There is a Disney Wiki... who knew, right?

6 comments:

Jen said...

I have to agree that Rapunzel was perfect! My daughter has been telling everyone that she met the real Rapunzel!!

Loved the great party!

Monica said...

Why does all the good stuff happen down there?! My three year old is wanting a Tangled birthday party in June...Rapunzel would be perfect!! I think I need to convince my husband to move further south. :)
Such a cute party idea!!

CountessLaurie said...

wow - she is awesome!!! looks like everyone had a good time.

Megan said...

Jocelyn totally loved the evening. Thank you for inviting us.

The pictures turned out beautifully!

The Triplett Family said...

Please please please my baby Alanis has been asking me to invite Rapunzel to her 4 year old party in September. Please tell me how to find this magical girl that will make my baby girl dreams come true!! my email is alibelm77@gmail.com or alibelm@yahoo.com and my number is 8017421688 Please contact me!! Thank you so much :) Alicia Triplett

The Triplett Family said...

Please please please my baby Alanis has been asking me to invite Rapunzel to her 4 year old party in September. Please tell me how to find this magical girl that will make my baby girl dreams come true!! my email is alibelm77@gmail.com or alibelm@yahoo.com and my number is 8017421688 Please contact me!! Thank you so much :) Alicia Triplett