Man, It's been a long time since I've done this, and I miss it!
Link up HERE with Glam and Mama and play along. It's the right thing to do.
- I'm sick and tired of living in a society where everyone is trying to run everyone else's lives. (See above: me telling you to link up)
- Captain Jack cut 3 more teeth this week, and although it's good to get it all done at once, I feel as though I'm nursing this:
Not that he's a biter; it's just the thought of the damage those sharp little incisors could do that makes me a bit nervous.
- I'm sick of people who have a false sense of entitlement. Your problems are your own; I'm sorry you have them, but it's not my job to solve them for you. (Whew! I feel better having let that out.)
- Friday afternoons are awesome! I get to go read with the students in Nathaniel's class. His teacher asks who would like to read with me, and over half the students raise their hands calling out, "Me, me!" It makes me feel loved. Of course, Nathaniel always gets to go first, since I'm his Mom. I like to bring chocolate and Sour Patch Kids, and feed them to him secretly while we're out in the hall. I want him to remember that- Mom making life fun and sweet when he would otherwise be bored in class. I want him to know he is special.
I read with the children who stand in need of improvement most. A few, you can tell, are lacking confidence in their own literary skills. I love encouraging them, pointing out everything they are doing right, and telling them they are good readers. Because they are.
"I love how you pronounce each word so clearly," I tell them, or, "You are so careful to get the word right when you sound it out; that's great!" And I can see their eyes light up, and they hide a smile, and sit up a little straighter as they finish the book. Kids are the best. One can do just about anything if only one believes it. I wish I would have known that when I was younger.
- I'm happy. Right here, right now, my life is good. I know that everything that has happened in my life up to this point was supposed to happen. The evidence for that? It did happen. I am right where I'm supposed to be. The evidence for that? Here I am. How can I argue with that? I confess, I'm grateful for the peace and assurance that comes with that knowledge. Really, really grateful.