Friday, July 2, 2010

I Miss My Boy. Already.

Nathaniel is on his way to California with my parents today.

They are going to San Diego for Michael's baptism.  Michael is Nathaniel's very favorite cousin- the fun never stops when they are together.

Nathaniel and Michael kickin' it at Disneyland.

I miss him already.  He will be gone until next Thursday- almost a week.  This will be the longest we have ever been apart, and he's almost 8!  In fact we let him have his birthday present early for the trip.  And, can I just say, if any of your kids are asking for a DS like Nathaniel, eBay is the way to go.  We bought him a brand new DS Lite from Hong Kong- it was loaded with 60 'E' (suitable for everyone) games- for $108 including shipping.  And the games are awesome- 3 different Mario Bros, Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Bolt, Wall.e, Classic Atari, Pokemon, etc, etc.  He is in little boy game playing heaven. 



He gave us 'permission' to go the library without him this week.  I'm so glad he has a love for books.  Right now we are reading 'The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane' at bedtime.  Nathaniel and London both beg for "just one more chapter" whenever we reach the end of the previous one.  I love that. 



Am I way too attached to my kids?  I just love them so much- and they grow up so very quickly, I hate to miss any moment of their lives.  

Nathaniel has determined he is going to live with us forever.  I'm cool with that.  We have a walk-out basement; we just need to put a kitchen down there if we ever get around to finishing it.  

London gets to be the only child this week. It may be awhile before this happens again, so we'll be making the most of it.




The only person she has to share the computer with is...me. We'll be going from blogging to Barbie.com and Starfall.  After violin practice and chores are done, of course.  Because I'm also the kind of Mom who loves her kids enough to make them do hard work and learn new things.

  They'll love me back for it someday, right? 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I totally know where you're coming from. I miss my kids when I'm away from them too. He will have a great time though. London will have so much fun with you this week! I hope you guys have a great 4th of July girl!

Lourie said...

My daughters went to Yosemite with my inlaws the year my Little Middle got baptized--08. It was soooo hard! Have fun on Barbie.com haha.

Dana Fallentine said...

We are so lucky to have Nathaniel here! He and Michael are having a blast! Jenna is missing London. We can't wait to see her!

Allyson & Jere said...

What a sweet post. I'm sure your son is having the time of his life...well I hope so. But, I bet your daughter is even MORE happy to get you all to herself.

Oh, and red velvet cupcake? Yes please!

CountessLaurie said...

That cupcake looks awesome.

And the kids are cute too :-)