Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Londons First Dance Recital



London had her first dance recital last week.
It was at 10 a.m.
That's kind of a problem for me these days- I'm still so sick most mornings.  I couldn't miss it though, so I rolled out of bed at 9:45 and made it on time- no make-up, probably dressed like a dork...oh, well.

I walked in the door and her dance teacher, Miss Courtney, looked at me with wide eyes and said, "You are so pale.  Can I get you something to eat?  A bottled water?  Are you okay?" (And please don't throw up in my dance studio)

"This is just how I look at ten in the morning when I'm pregnant,"     I told her.  (Something like the living dead)
I accepted a bottled water.

Miss Courtney really is the sweetest lady ever- and so great with the kids she teaches! London and I both adore her.

I made it through the recital, and so did my breakfast, mostly due to the fact that the recital was short and no one in the room was wearing strong perfume.

I even took a few snapshots of the fun.



The girls danced to "Beauty and the Bees"
(Beauty and the Beast tune, hummed by what sounds like buzzing bees)




 Miss Courntey and the girls.


London and one of her best friends, Alice.


Is there anything more delightful in life than having a little girl?
(Most of the time, anyway)


All images copyrighted. 

10 comments:

Lourie said...

I am so sorry you were feeling green around the gills, but I am glad you were able to get through and even enjoy it. London is a doll.

CountessLaurie said...

She is the cutest thing ever!! I love it, Beauty and the Bees!!! We have thouught about putting the girls into dance this fall... I think this seals the deal.

Also, if you are due in August, i just want to say for the record, it is TOTALLY NOT FAIR that you feel bad. You should be feeling great. Who do I need to talk to???

Beth said...

Wow! She is getting so big! What a cutie!

Allyson & Jere said...

Let us begin with...your daughter is ADORABLE!

Secondly, the costume, so cute. Little girls in dance recitals are so fun to watch.

Sorry you're sick, but glad you made it through. Hang in there.

Venassa said...

She is gorgeous. I love dance recitals (most of the time), they're so cute. Glad you survived the recital and kept your breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Oh she is adorable! I loved my girls dance recitals. I hope you feel better soon.

Debbie said...

London looks so sweet. I'm glad you made it (poor thing). Next year will better :)

Heather said...

HOW cute is she?! Sorry you felt bad though, ugh, that had to be mis.
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

Dana Fallentine said...

I wish I could have been there!

Silly Monkeys said...

London looks so cute! I know my little girl loves dance too. They are just so cute all dresses up to dance. Tell London, Lindsay misses her. I am glad things worked out for you to make it to her recital. It makes even more special. I hope you feel better. We miss you guys.