Thursday, May 6, 2010

THIS EMOTIONAL LIFE | Happiness / Intimacy



I thought the concept explained in the video was interesting.  I know so many people who spend their lives 'impaling' themselves on others' prickly spines...many who seem to lack confidence or self-esteem.

We are all human, and therefore, fallible.  We hurt each other.  We don't want to, but somehow it happens anyway.  What is the solution? Being close but not too close? And how do we generate our own warmth?

What do you think?

4 comments:

CountessLaurie said...

She left us hanging there at the end. Like she knows the answer! Did you want the whole show? I've never heard of it before.

Also, I have no idea...

Anonymous said...

She makes a good point. I can only go by my own experiences and I agree, there is a total fear of getting too close because you could get hurt. I think we need to listen to our instincts and follow our hearts. We will make mistakes, we will get hurt, but we learn from them. It's honestly a part of life.

Kellie said...

I haven't seen the whole show- just small segments like this on youtube.

I love your response, Purseblogger- making mistakes and getting hurt is a real, daily part of life.

Lourie said...

I am just now thinking of my sweet daughter who is only 12, an has already experienced many painful pokes with so called friends. I am afraid she will become jaded and not trust people. It's very tough because we are supposed to "do unto others..." but how about all those mean folks. Do they WANT to be treated harshly. I don't get it. Great post btw.